Do you want to create your own free website? You are not the only one. Whether you want to have your own personal Internet space in order to rant or to talk about some things that you love or if you need a website in order to jump start your business plan then you know that this is one website that can be good for you.
You need to know how to build a website for free because if you would not do this, then you will be stuck with a website that you have to pay for every month. Aside from the fact that this require you to shell out money annually, the time may come when the website anymore so you will be wasting your money for nothing. Stick with a free website by getting to know these tips that will allow you to build a website for free:
- Understand what type of website you want to have. There are a lot of domains online that are available for free but knowing what type of website you want ahead of time can help you narrow down your search.
- Check out free blog hosting sites and check out the recommendations that people have stated about these sites.
- It will be hard for you to create your own free website if you do not want to sign up for any account. You need to create accounts to make your website.
- Understand that some hosting sites are willing to give you a website for free but for a limited time only. For others, they can give you a website for free in exchange for some advertisements that will be available on your site when people view it.
- Check out the different services and features that are being offered by free blog hosting sites. You can expect that some of the services will be a bit limited but can be improved if you would upgrade to a premium service.
- Make sure that you will choose a domain name that has not been taken by anyone else in the World Wide Web before. In fact, it may be best if you would think of a name that is not similar to the names of other websites in order to avoid the confusion that this may cause.
- Getting to know Word press will make a lot of difference with how your free website will look like. Word press can be installed automatically and you do not need any experience in web design before you can use it. In fact, it can make your website look like it has been made by a professional. Some web hosts will not require you to install Word press anymore. It all depends on what you will choose.
- Find a theme that will fit you best. There are different themes that are available depending on the hosting site that you will choose. Since the website is free, the themes may be a bit limited.
- Depending on the blog hosting site that you will choose, there may be some specialized designs that you can choose from. This will make the sites under that particular web hosting to be unique from all other free web hosting sites.
- There are some sites that can offer you to personalize your website further so that it will look different from other websites that have chosen the same theme. Choose colours that best represent you or the brand that you are trying to promote.
- Still wondering what are the other tips on how to build a website for free? Make sure that you will add valuable content to your website. It does not mean that just because you have already created your website, you can expect that people will visit it immediately.
- You may need to add different pages to your website. This will allow your content to not look too long. At the same time, people can just click if they want to read more about what you have just written or what you have promoted.
- Tell details about yourself. Whether you have created a blog or a business site, you need to let people know more about your story. This will entice people to check out your website more.
- Plan on other content as well as other things that you will add to the website in the future provided that it is still covered by the free plan that you have acquired from the web hosting site.
- Make sure that you will get your website published. You are recommended not to publish your site unless you have already paid attention to its layout and the content.
- Greetings when people open your website can make them feel more welcome so they might browse through your website more.
- Consider allowing some advertisers to promote on your website. This will allow you to have passive income. This can be good if you are a blogger and you would be required to make advertorials and this can also be beneficial if you are a business owner because you will get some extra income without having to sell products all the time.
- Remember that too much advertisement can be intrusive for some people who are checking out your site especially those who are checking it out for the first time.
- Advertise your site so that you will be able to get more traffic. You may choose to have your site advertised on different websites.
- If you know some people with more popular websites, you may choose to create a guest blog content on that website so that people who are regular readers of that website will also check your own free website.
- If you have not done this yet, you need to apply SEO to your web content. Submit your website to all search engine sites so that if there are good matches, your website will be one of the first that will be displayed.
How to build a website for free? The tips that are mentioned above will allow you to do this without issues or problems.